Thursday, April 1, 2010

One more week!

At the start of every new year there is one thing I anxiously await....to see the first TV commercial for the Masters.  Something about the music just makes me smile.  Over the following months of January, February and March the excitement builds.  I like March Madness and all of the basketball that is played but I think I most like the fact that it's on CBS which means more commercials for the Masters.  This year I'm especially anxious to watch the tournament on TV as I'll actually be able to point to things and say "I stood there!" or "hey!  there's the only palm tree on the course!"  (I'll give you bonus points if you know which hole)  Again as in years past I will be taking two days off of work next week so I can devote all of my attention to the Masters.  Mandy will be out of town in Florida for Thursday and Friday which means I'll have the whole house to jump and scream like a little girl for every moment.  Oh wait I already do that when she is home.  Oh and I can wear my "green jacket" without anyone laughing at me.

I know you're all thinking I'm crazy but it's fun to have something to look forward to every year.  Maybe someday Augusta National will call and ask me to use my photography skills to take pictures at the tournament!  Or of their members!  I'm sure I could do some pretty sweet portraits!  ha ha!!  Someone pinch me! 

I hope all of you have a chance to sit down and watch some of the tournament this year!  If you want to come by and watch with me that's ok too!
Mike

Hey if you haven't had a chance to check out my new photography website feel free to take a look:  http://www.mikefiechtner.com/  You can also sign up for the blog via RSS or through email at http://www.mikefiechtner.com/blog/

Augusta National and USA Flag

1 comment:

Craig said...

[shaking my head] You are such a nerd, especially while screaming like a little girl!